Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

How do you get a court order for ownership of a vehicle

Customer Question

how do you get a court order for ownership of a vehicle
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

You would sue the old owner, the dealer, and the DMV/Missouri Department of Revenue in a declaratory judgment action and ask for a court order determining that the DMV should title the car in your name based on the evidence presented. You would also sue the dealer for breach of contract for not conveying good title.

Here is the law.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.