Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My boyfriend is going to USA to marry another woman for a

Customer Question

My boyfriend is going to USA to marry another woman for a green card to settle down in the USA. The lady does not know this as yet that he is only going to use her for that . How can I report him to the USA immigration?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: He's going to LA end of next week and I would like to report it to the USA immigration ASAP
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.. I was told by a friend to report him ASAP to the usa immigration before it's too late
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He's dated this woman on and off in 2014 .. But now because he want to migrate to the usa he thinks that's the only way he's going to get the green card if he marries her but she does not know what his plans are as afterwards he'lm divorce her..
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He's based in London and he's going to Los Angeles California and the woman lives in Santa Monica
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know what to do to stop him using ruining someone else's life just for a green card I need to tell the immigration in Los Angeles California . How can I get in touch with them and who do I report it to??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still waiting for a response but have not heard as yet. however if I do not hear from anyone I will claim my money back.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am not sure why, but your question only came up now. Likely if you had originally asked this question in the UK Legal Category, it was (rightfully) re-categorized to the US Legal category. That may explain the wait as the re-categorization can take a bit of time.

Anyhow, if someone in your situation wants to report a fraudulent immigration case/matter to relevant US authorities, then that person has the following options:

1) Call U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at 866-DHS-2-ICE to report it as a tip; or

2) Report this online HERE and click "Benefit/Fraud Marriage" as the option on the form.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!