Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Can i sue my husbands mistress? Ga, Several and they said

Customer Question

Can i sue my husbands mistress?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ga
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Several and they said they can not help me with that. Only with divorcing my husband.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have copies of their text messages and her information that she put on social media about their relationship.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am Lorne, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

The cause of action you would sue under is called "alienation of affection" and, unfortunately, on April 4, 1979 Georgia's legislature repealed the law allowing for alienation of affection actions.

If you go ahead with a divorce on the grounds of adultery it may help you with alimony and your property settlement.

Also, if your husband gave the mistress any gifts purchased with joint assets then you may be able to sue her for the return of the gifts since your husband had no authority to use the joint assets for that purpose.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.