Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

My ex was awarded 1/2 of my pension in 1998. He was also

Customer Question

My ex was awarded 1/2 of my pension in 1998. He was also convicted of Aggrevated Stalking against me in the same year. His probation was revoked in 1999,and he is STILL wanted! Can he STILL get my pension? I retired in 2013, and he still has not applied for it.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

His criminal activity in an of itself will not typically serve as a bar to what he might be entitled to receive under the 1998 court order; however since there is a warrant out for his arrest he may not go through the process of trying to enforce that order for fear of being caught and jailed. Further, there appears to be a 10 year limitations period under Michigan law for him to be able to enforce payment under that 1998 order (i.e. until 2023).

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.