Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Sherman Oaks. Approx 3-4 months ago I was not satisfied with

Customer Question

Sherman Oaks. Approx 3-4 months ago I was not satisfied with my food. I frequented this restaurant on a very consistent basis so I remained cordial, but a staff member seemed to be ignore me and referred to me as an 'unhappy bitch' to other patrons.
Long story short, I went to the restaurant tonight and after the hostess sat us outside, I made my way to the restroom. A woman said hello to me as though we were acquainted and she mentioned that I was 86'd from the restaurant. I looked at her with confusion and told her I had no idea what she was referring to. She said she was on the phone with the Van Nuys Police Department - I continued to the restroom. When I finished in the restroom, I made my way back to my table and she said she had reviewed 'footage of me' and refused me service. I did not want to make a scene even though I felt this was unwarranted, so I left promptly. I immediately called the Van Nuys PD to cross reference the info I received from the MGR. They confirmed that as I was never arrested and there was no complaint - they would not have anything on file.
I called the restaurant to document the MGR's name - she answered the phone. She refused to give me her last name and when I informed her I spoke with the Van Nuys PD, she altered her story and said it was not footage from the PD, it was their footage. Nonetheless, I am confused that I could do nothing and still be refused service.
Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have they given any reason for this?

Have you been able to ask the owner about it?