Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I've been in a relationship with someone that says he's from

Customer Question

I've been in a relationship with someone that says he's from England, but been Jakarta Indonesia for over a year now working on an oil rig! I have been giving him money at first to pay rent to a store who holds his equipment at least $200 or more a month! He was suppose to get half of his oayment which is a large sum! Then in July when he was suppose to get payment he said there is a ministry board that collects tax! He said he needed $2,000 for tax, he kept pushing for me to raise money but I don't have it! He said someone helped him pay $1,000 now needs another! I still have gave him$200 for July and Aug he says for food! Well his crew suppose to went back to work last weekend. He went out to sea but came back sun night my time! I love him but just want to know if this is real or not! His name is***** there are a lot of people with that name! He stays at a hotel called By Rumba in Jakarta indonesia
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you ever met him in person?

.

Did he initially contact you via email or something like FaceBook?

.

Have you asked him to send you a copy of his identification like driver's license, passport, etc.?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I decided not to pursue information since this is not confidental

No worries, you can contact JustAnswer customer service and they will happily refund your deposit, no questions asked.

.

But just to let you know, I suspect you are being scammed and I hope you investigate this person further and require him to provide a copy of his passport before you continue to send him money..