How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an complaint concerning my roommate. I'm a DISABLED

Customer Question

My name is***** and I have an complaint concerning my roommate.
I'm a DISABLED American VETERAN I'm a wounded worrier. I have been physically abused, robbed, noncontent sex. These people fraudulent I've he been poisoned.
They have stolen about $5000 from me credit cards a veteran driving identity and medication. These people threatened kill is I
file charges. Ive been enduring this for six months and I fear for my indefinitely at this point. I have PTSD and I'm fully disable help me please and thankyou.
My complaint 4 people. I have a scanner attached to me please expedite my charges against Glen Stepherson, Fred Stepherson, Arion Thompson, Tracy Thomas.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

Just to be clear of what our service is and what we can do for you - this is a "general information forum" so I can give you information and resources to help you reach out to government officials (such as law enforcement), but we cannot actually prosecute a case on your behalf (we are prohibited from accepting or soliciting clients on the forum).

You say that you have complaints against your roommates, are you living in a facility (care home, VA hospital, boarding house), or are you living in an apartment or rental home, or some other private residence?

Have you reported this to local law enforcement? (the local police or sheriff's department will be your first contact to deal with these complaints).

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I did not see any response, but I am going to be away from my computer for a bit, and I want to ensure that you have as much information as possible to go with (this will be a bit general, but if you have specific questions I will answer them promptly - if you need a more rapid answer, you can contact customer service and they will help you:

  • If you are in immediate danger or your belongings are being damaged presently. Call 9-1-1.
  • If you have not already done so, (but you are not in immediate danger), call your local police department (if you live in a city or township) or county sheriff (if you do not) - if you do not know which is appropriate, call and ask, they will direct you. You can use the "non-emergency" line found on the department's web page and ask to speak to an officer or a detective.
  • If you have spoken to a law enforcement officer, but are not receiving any assistance, you can contact your County District Attorney (Prosecutor's) Office. The DA is the lead law enforcement officer for the County and has oversight over the police and sheriff's offices. They can intervene if you need further assistance. (Again, their contact information will be on the website).
  • If you do not get assistance from law enforcement, or the District Attorney's Office, you can contact the Texas Attorney General's Office. The State AG has ultimate oversight over state law enforcement, and can investigate or intervene if nothing is being done to protect you or your rights in a criminal matter.

You can also file a civil restraining order against each of these individuals (so one petition for each of them). This is something you can do without having to wait for anyone else.

You can also sue these individuals in small claims court for money damages to get reimbursement for the financial damage they have done to you.

Related Legal Questions