How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am interested in filing a civil law suit as my patients

Customer Question

I am interested in filing a civil law suit as my patients rights were violated. I allegedly had a pre existing condition that I was not informed about, but when I had surgery this condition developed and now I am disabled.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry to learn about this situation.

However, I read your "already tried" post, and I am concerned that you have already filed a lawsuit that was resolved adversely to you.

If this was the case, any future lawsuit will be barred under the related doctrines of "Res Judicata" "collateral estoppel" "issue estoppel" and similar arguments. (Basically, once you have argued a matter between the same two parties over the same issue or claim, and the court has reached a decision, you cannot start over with a new lawsuit. (This is sometimes referred to as barring a "second bite at the apple")).

If I misunderstood your post, and you did not actually have a prior lawsuit or arbitration that was decided, I would be happy to provide you with information on how to deal with medical malpractice claims.