LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Can a bond be revoked if my attorney withdrawls from my

Customer Question

can a bond be revoked if my attorney withdrawls from my case
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no only been a week no return on mycalls
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. No, the bond is to secure your release. As long as you have appeared at all court hearings and the court has not determined you to be a flight risk, if the attorney withdraws, it should not have an effect on your case. The bondsman may be alerted to this but the Judge will not simply revoke the bond and order you to sit in jail, until new counsel is retained.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.