Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Is there a tenant landlord attorney available for a few

Customer Question

is there a tenant landlord attorney available for a few questions
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: been in my house just about 4 months paid the amount of 3,885 to my landlord without having my house fully done the way we discussed. He only likes doing repairs after he gets the rent money and had us give him $549 in order to stay in my house from a back rent payment of $45 on top of another 834 a week and a half later for rent
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the $3885 for?

2. What is this back rent payment you are referring to?

3. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to move out or?

4. How much is your monthly rent?

5. Have you paid rent late in the 4 months you have been there?

6. Do you presently owe any rent, or are you all paid up?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
rent is $795 per month with a fee of $40 per month not included on lease for usage of washer and dryer. Month of june we were late to where we had to pay a total of $900 to landlord and still owed $55. month of july we were short $30 on rent and all the while repairs on the house were still not finished. He proceeded to evict us for this amount which ended up turning into $549 dollars by the time we attempted to go to court due to supposed $250 in court fees that we were told was not the fee and $200 in late fees that we never had. He then cancelled our hearing in court for the matter and still doesnt have answers for the extra $549 that we were charged this past august.