I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What was the $3885 for?
2. What is this back rent payment you are referring to?
3. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to move out or?
4. How much is your monthly rent?
5. Have you paid rent late in the 4 months you have been there?
6. Do you presently owe any rent, or are you all paid up?
Thanks in advance,