Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I (consumer) currently won a arbitration hearing under the

Customer Question

I (consumer) currently won a arbitration hearing under the Chapter 90 Section 7N 1/4 law. The dealer agreed to repurchase the vehicle, however they are asking for additional funds needed to repurchase the vehicle since it was financed in order to get the title and pay the bank off. I was in contact with the dealer to go over additional continuing costs after the hearing took place and it turns out they owe me money and neither of us are agreeing to pay anything. I told them i will return the vehicle and in return they told me they will not pay the repurchase price. I am not trying to go further with legal action. My question is if I return the vehicle without paying them and them not paying me or paying the repurchase price how does this effect me if so?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are in contempt of the arbitration order, then you would have to file a petition to enforce arbitration award in the court, because if you do not do so and they do not pay, the creditor can come after you for payment if there is a loan involved. The loan is between you and the finance company and the arbitration award does not protect you if the dealer does not pay off the money due. If you have to go to court to enforce the arbitration and make them pay, then you also would be entitled to attorney's fees for them forcing you to enforce the order against them in court.