Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Thank you. For a lawsuit to be certified as class action is

Customer Question

Thank you. For a lawsuit to be certified as class action is must meet four criteria. Commonality, Plausibility, Numerialty and what is the fourth please?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

The fourth one is generally "adequacy" which just means that the the class representatives will fairly and adequately protect the interests of the class.

These are the 4 for federal court and I don't know of any state courts that have a different four, although each state can have its own class action rules. The wording you used is also a little off for federal court although the meaning is the same. Federal courts list them as;

1. numerosity

2. commonality

3. typicality, and

4. adequacy

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.