Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I've been evicted and was served papers. The judge sign a

Customer Question

I've been evicted and was served papers. The judge sign a paper for us to be out September 2,2016 no later than 9am. But our local sherriff is stating they determine what day by September 2 at 9am. The are saying I need to be out by 11 am tomorrow. Please help
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Perfecting of the appeal (filing the appropriate documents, paying the required fees and posting the bond or paying the Landlord rent), has the effect of a stay on the execution of the writ, meaning that you will be allowed to remain in the premises during the appeal. You would need to do this by the morning.

The other option you can try that is more cost effective is to file a motion for stay and just ask the judge to give you till the 2nd. Here is a sample form that you can use as a go-by.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.