Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I joined a Vacations Forever club or timeshare in April 2016

Customer Question

I joined a Vacations Forever club or timeshare in April 2016 and now I need to get out of the contract because of health issues.What should I do ? I heard you can get released from these things.Thanks Faye ****
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: only on line like I'm speaking to you.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have paid for the time share but starting next month I will have to pay maintance fee 200.00 .
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, unless the contract has a clause allowing you to terminate the agreement, legally there is no way out of these contracts unless they breach the contract or unless you go through a legitimate timeshare resale company like Timesharefree.com to seek to sell your club timeshare membership. Other than selling, your only option is to negotiate with the company to get released.
The only other way to get released would be if the company is breaching the contract with you and not providing you what they guaranteed to provide you in the contract.