How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30922
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rental property and i'm going to sell it but one of

Customer Question

I have a rental property and i'm going to sell it but one of my renters said that she is not going to keep paying the rent for the next 3 months and if I want to take her to court so be it. we do not have a lease agreement just verbal what can i do
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: riverside CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no this is just happen in the last couple of days
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: this is not the main house is a side like a guest house on the main property, the main house renters are ok with it.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Without a written agreement to the contrary, you do not need your tenant's consent to sell the leased property. If they stop paying rent then you can evict them for nonpayment.

Related Legal Questions