Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have a rental property and i'm going to sell it but one of

Customer Question

I have a rental property and i'm going to sell it but one of my renters said that she is not going to keep paying the rent for the next 3 months and if I want to take her to court so be it. we do not have a lease agreement just verbal what can i do
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: riverside CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no this is just happen in the last couple of days
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: this is not the main house is a side like a guest house on the main property, the main house renters are ok with it.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Without a written agreement to the contrary, you do not need your tenant's consent to sell the leased property. If they stop paying rent then you can evict them for nonpayment.