Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

An annulment was filed with the verbiage WITHOUT CHILDREN,

Customer Question

An annulment was filed with the verbiage WITHOUT CHILDREN, however there as a child, is this a concern
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas, bexar county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: this is the huge conern
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Has the annulment already been finalized with the Court, or not yet? If it has been finalized, then what was the date when it was?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has NOT been finalized. The respondent is concerned of the verbiage since there was a child born, be it a year BEFORE the marriage, but respondent is wanting what rational reason why this verbiage would be used. The responded has also NOT been served notice
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Likely, the Petitioner simply used a form for the annulment without realizing the mistake. The Respondent can simply file an ANSWER/COUNTER-PETITION, and in it is state that a child was born of the marriage and list the name and birth date. Then, the Court will normally not finalize the annulment without also setting down a custody/child support plan.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.