Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

How do I stop a court ordered civil service apportionment to

Customer Question

how do I stop a court ordered civil service apportionment to my ex?
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

If you have a problem with OPM's calculation, then an appeal may be in order to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA MERIT SYSTEMS PROTECTION BOARD. If you have an issue with the court's order itself, then the proper thing to do is to ask for a stay order of the court's judgment and appeal to the court of appeals.

This link explains how to obtain a stay pending an appeal under CA law.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.