How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Here's my problem. I live in a rural area in se tx. I am

Customer Question

here's my problem. I live in a rural area in se tx. I am from Seattle and moved her 10 years ago. I bought an existing house and had it moved on to our property 7 years ago. On the day that the house was moved
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: it's tx, but it's not about the house. So, I'll finish. There is a couple on my
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: lane that walk the roads. This is a country lane and they live on one of the few houses (5, I think). Well, they have decided to target me for one reason or another. 1st Sheriff's call was regarding the house move, the truck moving the house had to trim some trees that were
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: hanging in the road. 2nd time was the same day, making the turn the mover knocked down the mailbox a nd the folks called the sheriff again only to learn, they're wrong again. Since that time, I've had two rather large dogs, 65 lbs and 85lbs (not at the same time). These people have called the sheriff on me no less than 6 times. The law says the dogs must be on our property and repond to voice command, or they
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

I do apologize for the auto response from our forum - it works well to try to get some necessary information up front, but at times it can be frustrating as it does not always respond the way we want it to, and I do apologize for the frustration.

I read your post above and it appears that you have a new neighbor in the Seattle WA area that has a history of contacting law enforcement repeatedly with unfounded complaints about you.

Did you have a specific question about this, or was this more of a general question about how to deal with the issue?

  • (Again, I noted that you were cut off by our automated response, so I don't want to do the same).
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Here is what I picked up from your other thread - I consolidated it here:

  • well, i didn't get to ask my question really. It's about harrassment. They folks will not leave me or my dog (s) in peace. There have been about 6 or 7 calls to the sheriff. He comes out here and yammers at me. Last time I got a citation, and opted to go to court. I filed everything in a timely manner, and the case was
    dropped. That was in June/July. Already in August, they have filed another complaint (I went to Sheriff to explain this harrassment), and no more than got home than the sheriff's deputy called me. I've documented everything (I've worked in the legal area, but am not a jd--i do have a ba, though) and I know that these folks cannot discriminate against me as they have done for over 7 years. Help, I'm 75 years old and this situation is bad for me. Yesterday, Mr Furrh had a confrontation with my husband (before, I was alone and easy pickings. I've been married for 7 months). Furrh threatened to shoot my dog, I'm real
    leery of these folks, and while I've gone to the Sheriff
    three times, I get nothing.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

If the other owner has threatened violence (threatened to shoot your dog), you can consider filing for a restraining order against him.

You can do this quickly and easily by filing these forms.
(My apologies, I appear to have misunderstood, but it looks like you are living in TX not WA, so here is the form for TX).

This is from Harris County Texas - I like this form because it describes the differences between the three types of restraining orders available in Texas and you can review them to determine which is most appropriate for you.

You can find forms and information on how to complete them here (the Texas Law Help site):