Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

When going thru my husbands's things I found certificate for

Customer Question

When going thru my husbands's things I found certificate for two shares common stock Bucyrus-Erie Company, dated Dec. 30, 1957. Can you please tell me of they have any value? He is John P. Malloy Sr., formerly living on Route 1, Dousman, Wisc. Former owner of MODERN MACHINE WORKS.
He now lives in Tucson, AZ.
Thank you for your help,
Mrs. John Malloy
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The company has been taken over by Caterpillar in 2011, at which time those shares should have been converted to Caterpillar shares. You need to contact your broker who will need to contact Caterpillar Inc. or you can contact Caterpillar Inc shareholder services ( as they will have to research the shares to make sure they are valid and then perform the conversion and current valuation on the shares.