Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I had a surgery in 2010 that had to be revised in 2015

Customer Question

I had a surgery in 2010 that had to be revised in 2015 because the second doctor told to me I didn't have to have the first one , I was basically bullied into.the first one he said I would be crippled if I didn't I'm crippled now he Did not keep seeing me when I began to question why so much pain and will it ever go away he said to me after 2 yrs it takes time it may never heal who h was not said to me before I was butchered I would never have done it I left his office in tears he broke my spirit and I am a Pastor, it takes a lot for me he Dismissed me after that.
4 cast a wheel chair robbed me of 4 yrs of my life I can't even sleep under a comforter with my husband I sleep.under a throw my leg can't take the weight I can't get into a pool feels like a lake of fire I know I've said a lot there's so much more can I sue...
Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this situation you are in. The Statute of Limitations to sue for medical malpractice/negligence is 3 years. However, because you had a second surgery in 2015 and the doctor said the first surgery was botched in 2010, I suggest you may still be able to sue because you did not find out about it being a problem until 2015. However, your medical records will be necessary and I suggest you might want to at least consult with a local medical malpractice attorney to see if the SOL can be tolled from 2010 and begin at 2015 when you first Discovery the problem was due to the bad surgery in 2010.