John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.

I am asking if I have legal rights to my husband pension

Customer Question

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

In what context are you asking this. In other words, are you still married, or are you divorced. Further are you asking about access to the pension while he is still alive or after his death?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is after his death involving three steel company
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

You do have a right to it unless you specifically waived the spousal right to it. Under ERISA the spouse must specifically waive the pension, otherwise the spouse is entitled to survivor's share. You need to contact the pension administrator. They will tell you if there is such a waiver and what you need to do to have the pension transferred to you.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will call the administration office and have them send me a letter stating why I can't receive his pension
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

That will get you started in the right direction. Is there anything I can do for you? Are you satisfied with your answer?