Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I recently renewed my passport. I went through the pre-check

Customer Question

I recently renewed my passport. I went through the pre-check procedure with my previous passport. My question is do I have re-apply for pre check status with my new passport or does the pre check status carry over to this passport?
Deborah Hiltz
Gloucester, MA 01930
Expert:  Cerecita replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Deborah and thanks for your question.

I'm sorry you didn't receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at different times and I recently logged in and was notified of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

You will not need to re-apply for Precheck status unless your Precheck is 5 years or older. Also, your Precheck account will not automatically update with your new passport number, through the system. As you know, Precheck is for domestic travel and Global Entry (GOES) (which may include Precheck, if you chose to add it) is for international travel. To add your new passport number to your current account, simply log into your GOES account on this page, below:

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/jsp/login.jsp;jsessionid=1bezy3vGKp3Ujib1wfjQz5O2fGpgFa75z73j0eVuZrm7TrWTqf-Y!-67449917

----------------

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and if you already have an account, enter your username and password; if not, you can register for an account where it says 'Register.'

If you have any questions, you can can contact them through email or phone, here:

Email: https://help.cbp.gov. To ensure a quick response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and the subtopic that most closely describes your question.

Phone

Toll Free: 855-USE GOES (873-4637)
Outside the United States:(###) ###-####br />Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m Eastern

--------------

If you are only referring to TSA Precheck and want to add your new passport number, there, again, login to your account to accomplish that or call the phone number for Universal Enrollment Service, here:

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V

----------

PHONE:

(***-***-****) between 8am - 10pm Eastern, Mon. - Fri.

I hope this helps!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher