Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I just finished a trial with jury in Massachusetts and I was

Customer Question

I just finished a trial with jury in Massachusetts and I was the defendant in a civil suit. The last remaining defense i had was impossibility to perform under a contract. Jury returned that I could not prove it overall so they found for the plaintiff. HOWEVER, they awarded ZERO in damages so it was a win for me. My question is earlier in the case a reach and apply by the plaintiff to a 3rd party was granted. Now with zero damages, what do I need to do paper/motion wise to get my $$$ that was held? A motion 9a emergency? What is format and how to do? I was pro se.....
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please clarify, you now want to pursue a third party for damages? Is that you are saying?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, during various court filings, the plaintiff was granted a reach and apply to have a 3rd party (my former employer,) Hold and not pay me over 20k as well as 2 months insurance = 3k. It was granted to plaintiff on the likelihood he would win damages. The trial in front of jury concluded and he was not granted ANY damages, Zero. So how do I get the money that was tied up by that ruling now that the jury said he gets nothing?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never mind
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, thank you. Best wishes.
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 months ago.

Hello there --

I am located in Massachusetts and practice here and I am wondering if you still need assistance with this question you asked above ?? Please let me know and I will be happy to point you in the correct direction. And, if you want to continue, can you tell me whether this case was filed in District Court (under 25K in damages requested) or in SUperior Court (over 25K in damages).