P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

I am 65 an a combat vet as a United States Army Ranger in

Customer Question

I am 65 an a combat vet as a United States Army Ranger in Vietnam 1970-71 and have 100% PTSD rating from VA and SS plus 60% agent orange with heart problems and listed as home bound. I have been locked up for PTSD for 7 days at Kansas city VA and 7 weeks in Topeka, KS. I hate people and fight suicide most everyday. I take a very long list of drugs for anger and depression to stay in control. I do not watch TV for the fact it keeps me pissed off. I have two dwarf goats that are 100% clean and know smell and are my only true friends and do not want anything else or any one else except my wife as she has been my support system. My problem is this my city has a band on goats and know one can even see them and as a LRRP I do and get very violent when screwed with what do I do as I have to keep and will no matter what it take as I will fight and one with force that try's to remove or take them. thank you jerry hoy
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if the city can prevent you from keeping the animals within the city limits?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want the city to make an expectation and understands that this falls under The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act. Emotional/Mental Problem Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) That these 2 goat will remain on my land only. They have both been registered on the National Service Animal Registry If the city refuse's this request I will file civil law suit, ACLU and my congressmen and the mental division of the VA.

Thank you sir

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news...this does not fall under the ADA (americans with disabilities act).
The ADA would apply if this was, for example, an apartment complex attempting to evict you.

But the ADA will not apply to a properly passed city ordinance.

You can contact your congressman if you like...but the ADA does not apply in this circumstance.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that the ADA will apply but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding