Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I lost the car title before transfer. I ask the previous

Customer Question

I lost the car title before transfer. I ask the previous owner's to help me by signing the bill of sale and the request for a duplicate title. But he seems ignoring me in spite of many efforts. I pay him cash without receipt. All I get is's been about 3 months now. What shall I do. And now the registration went expired
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you need to file lawsuit against the Seller for the Title. This lawsuit would be filed at the local Courthouse where the Seller resides. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.