Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

Is it illegal for a female to lie about being on birth

Customer Question

Is it illegal for a female to lie about being on birth control?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no this is just out of curiosity. also I was wondering if it was illegal for a man to poke a hole in a condom to get his wife pregnant
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

If you are asking if there is some law that makes it a crime to lie about it, then no, there is no such law or statute. The parties engaging in sexual relations are voluntarily assuming the risk of pregnancy if they don't take adequate precautions for themselves to ensure that no unexpected events occur.

And no, damaging the condom to try to ensure a pregnancy occurs wouldn't be illegal either. If the female wanted to ensure that she didn't become pregnant, then she would need to make sure that alternate birth control methods were used rather than relying on the male.