legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

My divorce judgement the event either party

Customer Question

My divorce judgement the event either party willfully or unreasonably fails to duly perform his or her financial or other undertakings pursuant to this agreement ,and as a result the other party incurs any expenses including legal fees to enforce the provisions and terms of this agreement ,the wrongdoing party shall indemnify the other against and hold him or her harmless in connection with any such expenses even though the wronged party at the time may have the ability to pay his or her own such expenses ..
What does this mean.?
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

That is an attorney fees provision;

basically it states that if one party violates any clause of the agreement, and the other party has to pay an attorney in order to enforce the clause (or any other expenses are suffered as a result of the party not complying with the agreement), then the judge may order the violating party to pay the attorney fees of the other party.

The idea is to provide an incentive for the parties to perform/comply with the agreement, and it also ensures that the party not violating the agreement does not have to be out of pocket due to the other party's violation of the agreement.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hi- just checking in to see if you needed clarification on any of the above information. If so please post here (there is no additional charge for this) and I will do my best to get you the requested information.

Thank you!