Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If a person is beaten at a hotel and all 3 perpertraiters

Customer Question

if a person is beaten at a hotel and all 3 perpertraiters are doing 15 to life can the hotel be held accountable as well and for how long after the incednt can they still be held accountable
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I went to cour testified and when I was done they sent me home like they took the trash out the det got what they wanted no one helped me I suffer from a lot from that night the state dint even tell me about victims comp asation for mental no one said I could sue the hotel and still no one will help me I just got vicums compasation but you have to pay out of pocket then they reemburs you but I don't have money so I cant pay for medical or nental health so they cant reiburs me so I just slowly die inside
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can file lawsuit against the hotel for premise liability if the hotel failed to provide proper security. You have four years from the incident to file your civil suit.

You may try to retain a personal injury Attorney or someone who handles premises liability to assist you with the case. These are Attorneys usually handle cases on contingent fee basis. This means that you would not be charged any fees upfront for the representation and you would only be charged if the Attorney prevail. If you prevail, your Attorney will take her Attorney's fees from your winnings/settlement.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.