Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Years ago, (20) my stepdaughter accused me of hitting her. I

Customer Question

Years ago, (20) my stepdaughter accused me of hitting her. I was on some strong mediacation at the time. I don't recall what actually happened. I was arrested and put in a hospital for detox that a doctor put me on. I didn't overdose it was just what the effect was of what he had me on. I ran a fingerprint test through the fbi because I want to buy a gun for my own protection. it says that it was a charge of willful intent to harm a child, but was later dismissed. since that time I have been checked three times for my childcare license, my foster care license, and my adoption license. I had to write a letter of what happened at that time. I have never had any other problems since that time I was on the medication. I have been licensed for childcare, foster care and adoption. Since it was dismissed, can I legally buy and own a gun for protection?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand...the charge was dismissed, there was never a criminal conviction on this matter (not even a plea bargain)?