Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Is weekend considered summer weekend or school year weekend

Customer Question

I am following a standard visitation; parents residing over 100 miles schedule in the state of Texas with my ex husband. This is his weekend for visitation and school does not start until Tuesday because Monday is a teacher in-service/student holiday. He is claiming that he does not have to return the kids until Monday night because its a school holiday even though the first day of school isn't until Tuesday. My question is: is this weekend still considered a summer weekend or is it considered a school year weekend and does he have the right to keep the kids until Monday?
This is in Texas.
I have not talked to a lawyer yet. This happened last night and I've tried to get in contact with my lawyer but with it being a weekend I'm not having any luck.
I just need to know what the legal interpretation on it is.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.
It would probably be viewed as a summer weekend. I do not think it is worth the time and effort to challenge in court, but I would simply document it and if there is a future violation you then file a motion for enforcement.