Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My son is in the army and lost his license. He took his car

Customer Question

my son is in the army and lost his license. He took his car off the road when he left, but now wants it back on the road with the intent of taking it to his base in LA.I put the insurance on it, he ordered a new license, but it was mailed to our last address even though he has verification of address change. He may be leaving for Ranger school next week and would like to get it registered but without the replacement license I cant do for him. Is there a way I can do it in my name even though he has a loan on it HELP and thank you
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...what is it you want to do in your name? Register his vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i register my sons car in my name if the loan is in his name. The ins for te car is on my policy, he is headed to Army Ranger school this wk,

Thank you
That is not possible...if the loan is in his name the car needs to be registered to him. Consider having him give you a power of attorney to allow you to register the car in his name. The legal office on base can generate this document for him at no charge

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.