CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Firstly I am undocumented. I work 5 day a week in a

Customer Question

firstly I am undocumented.
I work 5 day a week in a construction company and weekends I work on my own.
some client called me for some work in her house I did a lot of work and she stopped me and I didn't get paid I spent around $1500 of my money in material plus I took 2 workers to help me I paid them with my money. what I can do we didn't sing any paper but I have all materials receipts with me thank you
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

I would speculate that this individual learned that you are not a licensed contractor (I am speculating - you said that you are undocumented, but you did not say whether or not you hold a contractor's license).

If you are not a licensed contractor, you cannot enforce a contract for "home improvement" (which covers most repairs to existing homes and surroundings).

See: http://www2.nycbar.org/Publications/construc.htm

If this is the case - I would suspect that this person took advantage of the situation.

If you are in fact a licensed contractor, you can sue her for breach of contract in small claims court (oral contracts are enforceable) and recover the money owed to you.