Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Was my constitutional rights violated when my trial judge

Customer Question

Was my constitutional rights violated when my trial judge said "no you may not know what the weather was like the night of the murder" when the jury was deliberating and came out of deliberation to ask the judge if they could know what the weather was like the night the person died? it's not fair to me for him to use the Word "murder" when clearly the jurors are in the process of trying to figure out if there was indeed a "murder" committed. Why didn't he say the night of the "aggravated assault "? That was one of the other charges I was facing.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

I don't know that it was a "violation of your Constitutional rights" but I do believe it was improper and would be a point on appeal. To me, while you would certainly argue it was a violation of your rights, it really is more of a procedural violation.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.