Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Step-Son, age 47, with a mental disability has been charged

Customer Question

Step-Son, age 47, with a mental disability has been charged by a tenant living above him for harassment. She names several types of harassment, but she lied about him following her on her way to church. He was with us for church elsewhere. Judge gave them 90 days to cool it. At 60 days she files charges again. She does have a history
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: of complaining against neighbors above, below, beside and around her at
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: her former place of living. We have a notarized letter of that from the previous landlord. In fact, she is suing that landlord and had a suit against her dentist for $12000. and lost. What can we do other than
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: one of them moving?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. There's really nothing more you can do if you don't want to move. You've clearly got a litigious person on your hands and since you're aware of that the best thing to do is to avoid contact with that person (or, rather, tell your stepson to avoid contact). Do not engage her at all so that she doesn't have "ammunition" for her argument. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Once we're done, could you also please take a moment to submit positive feedback so that I receive credit for assisting you.