Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Purchased 1993 Honda Accord for step son who now refuses to

Customer Question

Purchased 1993 Honda Accord for step son who now refuses to sign over title. have sent text messages, made numerous phone calls in an attempt to obtain title. what legal recourse do I have?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Did you and he have a written agreement that he would sign over the title to the vehicle to you? Or, was this a VERBAL agreement?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it was both verbal and in writing thru m/o for amount of purchase. I later sent text message asking as to why I have not received the car title since I had paid the full amount. reply
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is my son thru marriage. we spoke in person while he was in town for visit. he stated to his dad that he had mailed title to incorrect address, but would put it in the mail the next day. That was 2 months ago....
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Can you please tell me exactly what the contract says? Why you purchased it for him, why he has to give you the title, who has the car, who are the parties, etc?