Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Thank you. I have a 23 year old autistic child. I visited

Customer Question

thank you. I have a 23 year old autistic child. I visited him once in 2014. He was accompanied by a staff member at the state group home he lives at.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana. I am asking can the group home prevent me from seeing my son?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet. Have been trying to see if he wanted to see me first again
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Just that I was convicted of a sex offense in 2009. No my son was not my alleged victim.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The group homes name is***** son never told me he was upset with me, nor did he tell his mother he was upset with me. His mother has been instructed not to say my name to my son, because it would upset him. My daughter has told me she has mentioned my name to him but he never reacted.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me - who has adult guardianship for your son? Is it you, or his mother, or the state? Or, someone else?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.