P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

What kind of lawyer do I need to get my baby photos from my

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do I need to get my baby photos from my family home. My brothers children are using them online to make defamatory and derogatory memes about me. They use the kids to avoid prosecution. What kind of court action can I take to get the photo's. Of course, everything is done on burn phones and exclusionary tactics. I only know because they sent them viral into my office.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, who owns this photos? Your parents? Someone else?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My parents own the photo's, but my brothers have created a hostile situation that my parents are afraid of giving the photo's to me. Without the photo's themselves I cannot bring criminal charges against them by getting a supeona for their facebook pages.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My brothers used the photo's without my permission even though they belonged to my parents.

Thank you
If the photos belong to your parents, then they are the ones who get to say how/if they are used.

That said, if your siblings are using the photos to spread false information about you? It may be they are liable for defamation of character.

Defamation of character is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim.

If someone lied about you and that lie harmed your reputation? You can sue the person who lied for defamation.

You will want to hire a local attorney with experience in defamation law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding