Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Before we begin, I am trying to pay into the monthly program

Customer Question

Before we begin, I am trying to pay into the monthly program for reasonable "unlimited" question and I don't see it any where. I want to join that program before we start Can you direct me to the link so I can join the that program?
OFFERING A TIP OF $75 TO THE RIGHT LAWYER
. I am with the understanding that there will several back-and-forth correspondence. At the end I will add ANOTHER TIP OF $50.
Please be knowledgeable regarding Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). if you can help me with your legal expertise in this field I have no problem releasing the money. However, if I find your answers to be general and not specific I will not approve your answer and not released a tip.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: I have been disabled (not handicapped) some 20 years after I contracted Guillian-Barre syndrome (where your immune system attacks your own body. Both my feet are paralyzed and both my hands are atrophied). I receive approximately $850 per month from SSDI. I live in a hotel that now charges $100 per day (previously $250 per week) regardless it's easy to see that I could NOT afford to live there on what I receive from SSDI and that they would want to know how I earn enough money to afford living there?
I have an old address on file with SSDI (another story) so that I am usually behind in their communications. (I have almost no opportunity to get the Social Security) This has happened recently to where I had to present myself at the Social Security office to renew my SSDI
MY PROBLEM: A so-called friend of mine who I've known for several years recently went with me to the Social Security office to falsely state that he lives with me and pays half the rent and signed an SSDI (Federal) document stating so. He is a paralegal (or an assistant to attorneys), who has been employed and fired at several law firms. He has been unemployed for some time now and living in his car for many months. Ae now has insisted on me giving him money (I'm sure on a continual basis) or else he has threaten to tell SSDI the truth about me living alone at the hotel (which means apart from getting me in trouble with SSDI, he will have acknowledged that he committed perjury.)
Unfortunately to stay alive and be able to pay my bills is by being a member of the oldest profession (being a hooker,) which gives me the extra money needed to maintain my hotel room (and keep a roof over my head, which I am very proud of, having lived on the streets for over 20 years), eat decent home cooked meals in a microwave and lead a solitary life.
Additional information, the man who is threatening me is a Canadian citizen and I believe, should he be caught by the police, be in trouble with immigration and possibly be deported back to Canada (for reasons unknown to me.)
QUESTION 1 - Should he follow through with his threats what legal ramifications could I (will I) faced with SSDI?
QUESTION 2 - Should he follow through with his threats, will he also be in legal trouble with SSDI having given falsified information and signing an SSDI document declaring his lie as true?
QUESTION 3 – Apart from the above troubles, will SSDI want to know how I'm able to afford living in a hotel costing much more than I received for months. Do I acknowledge making extra money, which obviously has never been declared to either SSDI or the IRS?
I don't understand why someone who has perjured themselves by falsifying and signing SSDI Federal documents would want to blow the whistle on me which would then in my opinion cause him undue problems, but then people are strange especially when they have their backs up against the wall.
Please guide me with my best and worst case scenario understanding I probably am NOT looking at any good choice.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I joined the monthly program so I good to go
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Response 1: Nothing. Your living arrangement is of no concern to Social Security Administration ("SSA"). However, in order to continue to be eligible for SSDI you must still show that you are disabled and that you are not making income that would be considered Substantial Gainful Activity ("SGA"). This SGA amount is revised each year. For year 2016, this amount is $1,820.00 for the blind and $1,130.00 for non-blind. If you are making less than the SGA for your category for a month, your extra earnings would not be considered SGA and you will not be disqualified from continuing to receive SSDI benefits.

Response 2: Yes.

Response 3: See my previous responses. You have to report ALL earnings to SSA so that SSA can figure out if you have reached the SGA amount. Click here for more information.

Response 4: Yes, you can say, regrettably.

Response 5: You need to report the extra money that you are making because you are required to do so. If this income reaches the SGA amount, your SSDI benefits would be suspended, regrettably.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.