Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

IN 2013 HAD BILATERAL MASTECTEMY, MAIN SURGEON AND PLASTIC

Customer Question

IN 2013 HAD BILATERAL MASTECTEMY, MAIN SURGEON AND PLASTIC SURGEON WAS THERE ALSO FOR RECONSTRUCTION, BEGAN DEVELOPING SCAR TISSUE AFTER IMPLANTS, HAD SEVERAL MORE SURGIERS WITHIN 5 WEEK SPAN AS OUTPATIENT, DID NOT HAVE PROPER RECOVERY, LAST SURGERY WAS TO TAKE PLACE WHENEVER I WANTED IT, BREASTS STILL NOT EVEN, WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE MD AFTER XMAS HOLIDAYS TO SCHEDULE ANOTHER SURGERY, I CALLED IN FEB OF 2014, TO FIND HE HAD LEFT HIS PRACTICE AND WENT TO BEVERLY HILLS, NO MD TO FOLLOW UP, THEY SAID IN HIS OFFICE TO F/U WITH ORIGINAL SURGEON, WHEN I CALLED THE OFFICE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. SO I WENT TO CITY OF HOPE FOR SECOND OPINION, PLASTIC SURGEON SAID I WOULD NEED PROBABLY 2 MORE SURGERIES, I DID ONE MORE, IM STILL DISFIGURED, UNCOMFORTABLE AND ALWAYS HAVING BACK PAIN, I WENT TO NUREO SPECIALIST FOR BACK AND HIP PAIN WHICH I NEVER HAD BEFORE. THEY DID MRI OF SPINE AND SAID I HAD ARTHRITIS, NEVER HAD IT BEFORE. MASTECTEMY. ALSO I NEVER HAD THE FOLLOW UP EXERCISES OR CARE THAT CAME WITH THE MASTECTEMY WHEN I ASKED THE ORIGINAL PLASTIC SURGEON ABOUT IT HE SAID HE DIDN'T WANT ME TO DO ANY EXERCISES. ALSO WHEN HE LEFT HIS PRACTICE TO PERSUE, HIS NEW PRACTICE I WAS NOT EVER NOTIFIED OR LEFT WITH ANOTHER PLASTIC SURGEON TO F/U WITH. STILL HAVING PAIN
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 3 months ago.

I am terribly sorry that this has happened to you. What I suggest is finding a local medical malpractice attorney who can help you with this case. As you probably are aware, a surgeon's level of care has to meet a certain standard, and this includes post-op follow-ups. His possible errors on the surgery as well as in the follow-up are grounds for a lawsuit where you could recover the cost of additional surgeries as well as recovery for pain and suffering.

I would suggest looking on a cite like avvo.com to find a medical malpractice attorney near you. They should be able to easily tell you whether you have or case or not and the next steps.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.