Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,

The steps on my motor home would not retract while I was on

Customer Question

The steps on my motor home would not retract while I was on vacation in Michigan . I tried to get an appointment to get them looked at while there but was told I would have to wait almost a month for an appointment because it was July and everywhere was booked. The same case in Ohio were I went next . So my steps got damaged on the way back to California were I live. My warranty company said I should have waited to get the steps repaired and they would have paid for it .Because the steps were damaged by me they refuse to pay. I need to know if I have any legal rights here.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Can you attach a copy of the insurance policy to see if in fact that is what you and the insurance company agreed to in writing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The insurance company is paying minus my deductible. My warranty company is the ones I think should pay and they are the ones who are refusing.. I don't have a copy of the warranty with me it is in my motor home and the motor home is in the shop being repaired.

We would need to see the fine print. If they are failing to uphold their end of the deal you can file consumer complaints against them as well as complaints with the State and you always have the option of filing your own suit against them depending on the amount of money involved this may be a small claims matter.

The FTC will take a consumer protection complaint and follow through at

You can also file complaints with the State Attorney General where you purchased the warranty. Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. Please let me know how everything works out.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.