Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How can i stop a bail bond agency from from foreclosing on

Customer Question

How can i stop a bail bond agency from from foreclosing on my dad's house my dad is got dementia really bad and they never should have let him sign the paperwork in the first place if you could call me my phone number is(###) ###-####we could talk about this more I really really need help I really need help I don't understand anything about this foreclosures stuff and please call me my name is ***** *****
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Myra, good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Why is the bail bond company trying to do this? Did he sign for someone and the person fled?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My brother and a guy he met while right after you eat went into custody bonded my dad my dad use a house as collateral for the bond the other boy put up the initial 5000 cash Bond and they did a two-for-one Bond release I'm never ever heard of that in my life my brother my brothers part of the bond I guess was released and the boy went to all of his Year all of his court date until the last one and he got scared and he absconded turn himself back in six weeks later although there's a lot of controversy currently on whether he turn himself in or they had to you know we're chasing down supposedly they said outside of his house for five days and nights and you know caught him like that while he was hiding in his house which is stupid because you told him you know that he was going to turn himself in on a certain date and that was the day that day got him back into custody they charge my Dada 5 643 dollars you have my brother call the guy and convince him to turn himself back then anyhow my brother supposedly made arrangements with them to pay them for that that amount x amount of dollars for you know a month or however long it took to pay it off then the Bounty Hunter spent several hours on the phone with my dad trying to convince him that if he didn't go to his court date that I absolutely had to go to he was still going to lose his house so we go to the court date and then cause I'm not even there the judge had to call him and the Bounty Hunter dude was just arrogant pushy little I can't say what so which really kick the judge off basically told him that it was his fault that he ran and stuff like that and the judge revoked the $5,000 cash part of the bond and released the 20000 collateral Pokemon and so now they are never heard from again after that day and they proved send a certified letter saying they were going to foreclose on the house which was about 2 weeks ago around two weeks ago they posted 8888 another one of the same things too the front gate and it states that unless we come up with I don't know how much it says your original principal balance is 5000 but we called and talked to them the Foreclosure foreclosure place and it was 12463 something like that and it was still incurring interest recurring room whatever I don't I don't know the correct way say that but we can't get along and the paper states that they're going to put it up for auction on 10 14-16 at 11 a.m. and I don't know what I need to do to be able to stop this from happening

Thank you and please allow me a moment to read this

Just to be clear, one of the defendants is still on the run and has not appeared? They can't find him? Is the case still open?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No my brother got him to turn himself back in he was back in custody six weeks after a missed court date and all is good in the little you know home sweet home in jail and my brother also is back in jail for probation violation which has nothing to do with the bond issues so

Thank you. There needs to be a legal basis to stop the foreclosure. As you are aware, the house was put up as a security interest/ collateral for the bond/release of the defendants from jail. You need to review what was signed by your father, to see the conditions which would trigger the bondsman to proceed in this manner. You shared that both defendants are in custody and/or secured, so if anything, the bondsman could ask to get off the bond, if he thought at this time they were a flight risk. You also need to find out how much money is owed and the basis for it, since it may be that he was required to pay X amount and filed to do so. He has every legal right to respond and contest this but he first needs to know the basis for which it is happening. As I shared, in a situation like this, something had to trigger them trying to foreclose and take the home.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah the guy is a complete blank hole and you know for him it is easy money they they got a 75 year old man with dementia really bad got him to sign the paperwork and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they paid the guy took the kids to run just so they would have you know basis 2 foreclosed my dad's on Social Security and he only makes $999 a month you know they want 2 payments of like $400 or better a month to pay off what they say heroes in which you know he doesn't because they're both back in custody both of them you know we never got any kind of you know hey this is why we're foreclosing I offered to pay them out of my pocket you know a hundred maybe $200 if I could you know scrape it up if they absolutely had to have you no more than a hundred hundred fifty I told him I could scrape up $200 a month and he flat refused it he told me his his words were what am I supposed to do wait around until I'm old and gray to get paid for it and I said I don't you know I don't no we know if you keep waiting around till you're old and gray whatever and then I got hung up on me and the next time we heard anything from him was the certified letter we got like 2&a half weeks ago and my dad called him yesterday told her the other one her name is

If you can show that they knew you father was not aware of what he was doing or signing at the time and not of sound mind, then he would have a defense to this and they could not foreclose and move forward.