Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My son bought a new vehicle with his wife at the time, in

Customer Question

My son bought a new vehicle with his wife at the time, in his name only. Texas. Legally separated months later, he was deployed, she always had the vehicle. Truck was awarded to her solely in the divorce, 5 yrs ago. She never transferred the title, never made any payment, and has received numerous toll violation tickets now in my sons name. What can he do to get his name off that truck, or remove the truck from her? He can't continue to be legally responsible for tickets and violations that she's making. Thank you!
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Does the decree state that she has to transfer the vehicle into her name? Or it simply says that "she gets it" but nothing else? Is there still a loan on the vehicle, or, not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.