P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

I am mentally ill and while in Illinois I stayed at Rainbow

Customer Question

I am mentally ill and while in Illinois I stayed at Rainbow Beach psychiatric Center. I was almost raped by a male patient and slammed into a wall and physically attacked by 2 other males-on separate occasions. do I have a civil court case ? thank you,Thomas W. Barrett
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

You certainly have a case against the folks who assaulted you. You can sue them for the harm you suffered.

As for suing the institution? That is more complex. Generally speaking the institution is not liable for such an assault. However, if you can prove that the institution operated in such a way that made this assault possible and did not take basic steps to protect you? You may be able to hold them liable as well

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.