Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I was work at a apartment complex doing the landscaping I

Customer Question

I was work at a apartment complex doing the landscaping I was talking to my co worker in Spanish when a tenant from the second floor balcony thru hot water at me burn my head and got me all wet can I sue
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Jesus. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Yes, absolutely, you are entitled to damages for your burns. Also, you would be entitled to damages for pain and suffering which are generally a multiple of your medical expenses. Your cause of action would be negligence at the least and possibly gross negligence which would also entitle you to punitive damages due to the reckless nature of the tenant's actions. I would first send a demand letter to the tenant and only if the tenant does not comply with your demand would you need to file your suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!