ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

My company aircraft was parked on the ramp at my office that

Customer Question

My company aircraft was parked on the ramp at my office that is situated at Executive Airport Fort Lauderdale Fl , a driver delivering a box to another office drove on the ramp illegally without a pass and drove her company van into my aircraft , damaging my aircraft so it can no longer fly for at minimum 6 months . The aircraft is how I make money , the caravan operates charters and flies cargo to and from The Bahamas . What are my rights to claim for repair of my airplane, and for loss of income ?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Your claim could be against this employee and her employer, as she was acting in the course and scope of her employment at the time of her actions. This case against the employer is under a vicarious liability theory known as "respondeat superior", where the principal is responsible for the acts of the agent. It's clearly a case under negligence law, as she had a duty not to drive negligently around planes or other vehicles, breached that duty, and her actions caused you foreseeable damages. You can go after the direct damages (the cost to repair the plane, loss in any value, etc...) as well as foreseeable consequential damages (loss of income, or cost to rent a plane for the time being to continue your business).

That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with negligence cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (~40 minutes) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★).

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Were you able to view my answer? I haven't heard from you at all, so please let me know if you can see this. Otherwise I'll need to check with customer service and technical support to make sure that you can view my answer....

Hello???

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!