Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

If you are living in a foreclosed house and they have sent

Customer Question

If you are living in a foreclosed house and they have sent you a cash for keys to be out by Sept. 8th received on 8-10-2016 The same date received in the mail where they had filed eviction with court, my apartment will not be ready until 10-15-16 I have called them and e-mailed them and I donot get a response I told them I didn,t care about the money just need extra time. Do I have any options?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately, at this point, with the eviction pending in court, your options are limited. I do suggest that you appear at the hearing and try to negotiate an extension (you may need to pay) with the attorney representing the lender.
If they will not work with you then your energy is better spent getting your things to storage and finding something like an Extended Stay or Residence Inn where you can stay until your new place is ready because you will be evicted.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not  a moral judgement on my part.  As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.