KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I have a 20' center console powerboat. I had it repowered

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 20' center console powerboat. I had it repowered last year. This past Sunday, Aug 14, engine stalled and wouldn't restart. My (marina's) mechanic saI'd "I really gunked up the fuel line".This marina, exclusively, worked on my boat. New fuel tank, new engine, throttle, steering, electric, gauges, etc. The new engine and tank were installed and operable for last year's boating season.This marina has done ALL service on this boat. Engine install, winterization, off season,winter, storage on their premises. They did the summerization as well. I have used the boat very little this summer as I'm still on last year's fuel...I haven't put fuel in it yet this year. I haven't opened the fuel tank since end of summer 2015.How should I procede? Do I have a case?Thank you and kind regards,Peter E. Ryan
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. You would have an action against the Marina for breach of contract for their failure to either properly winterize or make ready for the summer. You would have to get an estimate in the repair to sue in court.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.
After you get the estimate, and depending on the amount to repair, you could either start Ann action in the small claims or regular court. You do need to get an estimate of the damage and a written description of what went wrong before filing in court.I hope this helps.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.

Any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking, or I will not get paid for helping you.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.