Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Question. can an attorney take my case.. I have been

Customer Question

question. can an attorney take my case.. I have been fighting Experian, Transunion and Equifax regarding a fee that paypal charged me and never followed up. The charge of 99 was turned into 500 and sent to collections. Eventually I fought it with the company directly and they in fact admitted to the error but could not reiumburse paypal since paypal had closed my account. lack of follow up and not doing anything caused my account to go to collections. Paypal is currently being sue for the exact same thing that happened to me in the Paypal vs Zepeda case. I just want this removed from my credit report it has cost me on high fees and having a hard time to refinance. I have challenged it with credit bureaus and the company direct but all they do is verify that I did in fact had an account. not the reason for the charges. Can I sue them. Im tired of fighting them for years.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Likely you can sue the credit bureaus but any case against Paypal will probably have to be arbitrated. Over the years Paypal has changed their terms of service repeatedly and most of those have had a requirement for binding arbitration. When you choose your lawyer they can discuss the efficiency and cost of arbitrating with PayPal and suing everyone else or jus taking everyone to the same arbitration.

However, not all terms of service in all states have had the arbitration language so your lawyer will want to look at the actual documents which you were operating under at specific times. That means you will need to prepare a written chronology for the lawyer with dates as to when everything happened so that they will be able to get the correct agreements to review.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you handle something like this?

Unfortunately the rules of the website prohibit any expert from taking cases from customers of the website.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.