AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

I was stopped about two hours ago in westmont il, "driving

Customer Question

I was stopped about two hours ago in westmont il, "driving without a licence"
He stopped me.cause my headlights weren't on. I also had a gram if marijuana in my pocket. They also charged me with driving without insurence.
I got arrested and the car got towed.
My court date is in a month, I'm 21 and have NEVER signed up for a license or a permit. Ive been using the car for a year and this is the first time I got pulled over.
I want to know if there's anything I can do to win my "right to travel" if such a thing exists, and how can I go about fighting for that in court.
Thank you in advance. I understand all negative thoughts. But I'm here for help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi, there is no right to drive a car. Driving a car is a privilege on the government's roads and highways is a privilege and not a right. You are free to travel from state to state, but not necessarily by being licensed to drive a vehicle. You are free to ride in a bus, or fly in a plane, but if you want to be in control of the vehicle, you have to have a license issued by the government. Does that makes sense?