Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I broke my ankle and the ER put a splint on my leg. It was

Customer Question

I broke my ankle and the ER put a splint on my leg. It was wrapped so tight that when the orthopedist unwrapped it I had a large compression sore that has slugged off and I now have a large crater sore that is taking time to heal and will leave an ugly scar.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. You may be able to make a small claim against the ER tech/doctor who wrapped the ankle. It might result in a small settlement. You have to prove that they deviated from the standard of care that is due.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What would my next step be?

You have a couple of options. You need to get an estimate of the medical care needed to heal your sore. If it is less than your jurisdiction's small claims court claim limit then you can file a lawsuit in small claims court otherwise you can hire a medical malpractice attorney to make a demand to them on your behalf.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.